Our client is a well-known and reputable civil engineering contractor. They are looking for two Non-Executive Directors to advise and assist the board as required and to attend quarterly board meetings throughout the year.
As Non-Executive Director you will be reporting to the Chair and play an essential role in future growth plans by bringing an external, independent perspective to the Board, of which you will advise and challenge accordingly. This role would suit someone who is looking for a Non-Executive role as part of a fast-growing, private contractor who upholds strong family values. The company is looking for someone with experience holding a strategic leadership role with a high level of financial acumen to advise the firm on various areas.
The company is debt-free, profitable, and ahead of their 5-year growth plan. It is one of the fastest growing private contractors in the UK.
- Provide independent oversight and constructive challenge to the Executive Directors.
- Advise on areas including risk management, remuneration and reward mechanisms, systems, and internal control frameworks.
- Assisting with revising and setting strategy and objectives and evaluating against the objectives set and company values.
- Support business development activities by utilising contacts and networks and identifying new opportunities for the firm.
- Ideally an Ex-CEO/CFO or someone who is highly regarded and respected within the industry with significant experience in a strategic leadership role.
- Executive experience within leading UK infrastructure contractors, ideally with specific experience of the rail sector or plant market.
- No conflict between current activities and this contractor.
- Previous experience working in a family-owned business which have undergone, and sustained growth and change would be ideal / excellent emotional intelligence to navigate the dynamics of a family-owned business.
- A strong and resilient personality who can challenge and be challenged by members of the board in a collegiate manner.
- A network of contacts within other infrastructure markets.