Our client is a well-known civil engineering contractor. They are looking for a Contracts Manager to lead a portfolio of station upgrades for one of the UK’s most notable rail clients.
As Contracts Manager, you will lead and develop a high performing team of Senior Project Managers and Project Managers. The Senior Project Managers and Project Managers each have responsibility for an individual station project.
This company is one of the largest civil engineering contractors in the UK with an extensive history of delivering engineering and construction projects. The successful candidate would need to work in York for two days per week.
- Successfully run the Profit & Loss account of the company’s Enhancements Portfolio.
- Lead a team of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and Site Agents. Responsible for their reviews and development.
- Provide operational, strategic, and contractual direction to project teams for delivery of the portfolio.
- Set a personal example across HS&E, championing the company’s values and conducting regular site visits.
- Ensuring delivery of Enhancements portfolio to time, quality and budget across the whole project lifecycle.
- Building collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Track record of successfully delivering stations upgrade projects.
- A collaborative leader who has managed a team of Project Managers.
- Educated to Degree/HND Engineering level.
- Experience of building long-lasting relationships with significant infrastructure clients.
- Ensure project teams have a timely delivery of realistic and robust cost forecasts and provide guidance on recovery plans where needed.
- Whilst knowledge of delivering Rail Stations is highly preferential, allied backgrounds will be considered.