Our client is an international business manufacturing high-value capital equipment, and are growing rapidly in the UK market. They are one of the market leaders in Europe for their products, which are typically secured on significant multi-£M contracts over several years. Their main UK manufacturing site is in South East Wales, easily commutable from Bristol.
As part of their UK expansion plan they have retained our services to recruit a supply chain leader who will develop an integrated supply chain strategy; across procurement (direct and indirect), materials control and logistics. The successful candidate will create cohesive processes across these three areas, ensure that supply chain activities are effectively integrated at a local and group-wide level. This role will report into the Chief Operating Officer for the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key part of this growing facility. This role will have a high level of visibility within the business and will work closely with colleagues in the UK and globally.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Create integrated processes across Purchasing, Materials Control and Logistics, ensuring this makes best use of existing group supply chain relationships.
- Engage and lead the Supply Chain team.
- Plan and implement supply chain strategies to contribute to the achievement of business objectives within a fast paced and matrixed environment.
- Drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and in challenging existing practices.
- Continually assess the supply chain risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies.
Experience, skills & competencies required;
- Progressive supply chain management experience with successful leadership in a multi-cultural industrial international business. This experience will ideally include significant experience of managing materials control and logistics functions in a project-based manufacturing environment.
- Good leadership skills, able to coach and develop teams in a continuous improvement environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, with ability to influence across a multi-cultural business at all levels.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an international manufacturing business with strong future growth ambitions in the UK.
Please note we can only consider candidates who already have the right to work in the UK.
To apply or to find out more information please email your current CV to [email protected] quoting 3549 in the subject line.