Our client is a global advisory firm that work exclusively with the CEO’s and leaders of the world’s largest and most complex companies. The business has c1000 staff across 18 offices around the world. They offer several advisory services to CEO’s including management consulting.
As part of their growth strategy, they wish to grow their management consulting business in the global aviation market, advising airports, airlines, investors and other organisations active within the sector. They are looking to recruit a Senior Managing Director to cultivate this sector of the business.
The Consulting business has a strong pedigree advising clients in other transport modes and have some strong capability applicable to aviation. They have an enviable network of contacts at CEO level within aviation that they wish to utilise to build a consulting presence.
Our client is a growing and entrepreneurial company with a reputation for excellence, this has been grounded in commercial strategy advice and has expanded into other areas of management consultancy.
This role can be based from their European HQ in London or North America (location flexible). They will back the successful Head of Aviation to grow a significant global team.
As a firm, they work globally across a broad range of sectors and advise clients on everything from strategy and acquisitions, to brand and revenue growth, to performance improvement and project implementation.
The purpose of the role is to develop a global aviation business stream; winning consulting assignments, managing key client relationships, leading project teams and developing the team.
- Lead the development and delivery of the consultancy offering for the aviation sector
- Manage relationships with clients, capitalising on and enhancing existing client relationships
- Manage and lead project teams in the aviation sector
- Responsible for planning, preparing and reviewing deliverables, providing advice, technical input and client support as required
- Lead team development through coaching and recruiting staff, facilitating continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Oversee the preparation of bids in response to client requirements
- Manage multiple mandates concurrently and work effectively under pressure to meet client deadlines
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts
- Lead profile raising activities, helping to establish a leading brand in this consulting field
- Contribute to business planning initiatives for the firm
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Degree qualified
- Extensive aviation sector experience working at senior level within consulting or industry
- Management or strategy consulting experience. Candidates currently in industry with previous consulting experience will also be considered
- Commercial strategy experience is preferred
- Credibility to discuss strategic issues with CEO’s and leaders of major airlines, airports, supply chain businesses and government agencies
- Able to plan resources and effectively lead teams to exceed client expectations, to schedule and budget
- Analytical skills; numerate with financial awareness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work at senior levels to bring together different professional skills of people both internally and externally
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a top tier firm, with a reputation for excellence, in advising CEO’s and leaders of major corporations and government agencies
To apply or find out more information, please email an updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3426 in the subject line.