Our client is a well-known and reputable civil engineering and building contractor. They are looking for an established Senior Commercial Manager or Commercial Manager to make the step up and join this rapidly growing business acting as Commercial Lead on a range of multidisciplinary major projects in excess of c£25m.
This role is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting directly into a divisional Managing Director. They are looking for an individual who can utilise their commercial expertise to build rail and civils projects from concept to completion, foster strong relationships with all stakeholders and influence the strategic direction of the commercial function. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial business with a strong future pipeline of work.
The company is debt-free, profitable and ahead of their 5-year growth plan. It is one of the fastest growing private contractors in the UK.
This role will be based in the North.
- Act as commercial lead of a variety of major projects in excess of £25m ensuring effecting commercial control.
- Manage and build effective supply chain relationships.
- Foster strong working relationships with the executive team and assist with fulfilling the commercial objectives within Pre-Contract, Post-Contract and Procurement functions.
- Build strong relationships with clients to create win-win solutions.
- Prepare Budgets, Forecasts, Business Plans, Periodic Reports and KPIs for the Project Director and Executive Leadership Team.
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience and highly experienced within the rail and civils construction sector.
- Experience in interpreting contractual terms with the ability to negotiate and carefully construct persuasive arguments.
- Able to take the lead and show initiative in settling disputes and claims.
- Strong team leader who can inspire, challenge, and motivate their team.
- Good working knowledge of industry standard forms of contract including the Network Rail Suite and NEC3/4 suite.
- Full driving license.
- An attractive salary will be offered to attract a high-calibre candidate.
- Car allowance.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- BUPA private healthcare cover.
- Annual leave 28 days plus bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay.