Our client is a leading independent global multidisciplinary consultancy who, due to the on-going growth and success of their rail division, are looking to diversify their offering by providing rolling stock consultancy advice. You will have the prospect of shaping a long-term Rolling Stock service offering within an innovative engineering and technology consultancy firm. The successful candidate will develop and lead the business strategy for this offering across the global market; including recruiting, mentoring and coaching a team, as well as developing a positive industry profile for our client.
The focus of the role will be business leadership and development and the management of our client’s portfolio which includes franchising, rolling stock manufacturers, the rolling stock equipment supply chain, ROSCOs, TOCs and FOCs. Additionally, you will direct major rolling stock projects internationally where you will need to maintain close relationships with key stakeholders, identify strategic project priorities, and focus on technical delivery and commercial performance. Finally, you will work as part of our client’s global executive team, supporting the integration of your work across disciplines. The position offers the chance to work in partnership with experts in other specialities within a stimulating and challenging project environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Professionally qualified Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Substantial leadership experience in a senior role in a rail operation
- Extensive knowledge of Rolling Stock, preventive maintenance and mechanical facility management
- Consulting experience and/or the ability to identify and develop new business leads, work with the Business Development team to win new work and develop strong working relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Established senior level network in the rail industry
- Track record of anticipating future issues which will affect clients, combined with the ability to translate this information into advisory projects
To apply or find out more information, please email an updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3548 in the subject line.