A leading global multi-disciplinary consultancy have retained our services to recruit a senior leader with rail system experience to develop their rail business. The role is a core strategic position responsible for leading a multidisciplinary rail engineering system team consisting of; Rolling stock, Signalling, Train Control and Traffic Management system, Railway Communications, Traction Power, and Permanent Way; but will also be expected to work closely with Operational Performance Modelling (including timetable, network and power modelling), Asset Management and Building/Station teams.
You will be leading the London based rail system team of multidisciplinary rail designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists. You will work closely with other leaders to implement a global strategy and approach to railway system engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the technical delivery of major rail system projects in the UK and possibly also overseas. This could have been gained within a client’s project team, consultancy or other engineering organisation.
- Experience, within a safety critical environment of system design, management and assurance.
- Thorough understanding of rail planning, design and operations systems.
- Experience in collaborating and communicating at senior level with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering (or similar).
- Leadership skills to bring together multi-disciplinary teams of international project and engineering professionals to deliver innovative solutions to major rail projects.
To apply or find out more information, please email an updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3543 in the subject line.