One of the UK’s leading civil engineering contractors have retained our services to recruit a Project Director, to lead the bids and delivery of a portfolio of major UK civils and tunnelling projects.
This role will provide leadership for all bid and construction phase activities, and will be the key point of contact with joint venture partners and clients.
You will direct and oversee delivery of projects post contract win, mobilising project teams to ensure the projects achieve the agreed targets and clients’ satisfaction.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high-calibre Director looking to lead major UK infrastructure projects, in a business that is highly regarded as a proven infrastructure deliverer.
- Management of major civils & tunnelling projects (£100m to £1bn+) for design and build contracts, through the early client engagement, bid and construction phases.
- Overall management of project teams during the bid and construction phase.
- Champion client interface and external communications strategy.
- Reporting progress to the Company and the JV board.
- Responsible for Corporate Governance/reviews/approvals and monthly reporting.
- Work with colleagues to further refine and develop the company’s project management methodology for major projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Project leadership experience 10+ years on major civil engineering projects.
- Proven track record in delivery of major infrastructure and tunnelling construction projects.
- Excellent reputation within the UK civil engineering market.
- Technical background in civil engineering preferably including tunnelling construction.
- Experience of other major civil engineering such as road schemes, earthworks or utility diversions would be an advantage.
- Experience of leading major bids and working with JV partners is preferable.
To apply or find out more information, please email your updated CV to [email protected]