Our client is a leading rail signalling contractor, who have retained our services to recruit a Project Director. This is a key role within their business and will actively lead delivery and bids for significant rail systems projects across the UK, mostly located in the Southern and Anglia regions.
As Project Director, you will be responsible for the whole project life cycle; design, build, test and commissioning of rail signalling schemes, primarily as a Principal Contractor to Network Rail.
Providing strong leadership on signalling led multi-disciplinary infrastructure bids & projects, your role will be integral to briefing and directing the projects teams to ensure work is carried out effectively and to the client’s specification. This will include management and coordination of sub-contractors and company resources to deliver works in in a complex, safety focused, operational environment.
Rail signalling experience is not essential to be successful in this role. Successful candidates could come from an allied environment that involves other types of multi-disciplinary systems projects, for example MEICA and control systems in the Water, Nuclear, Power and Oil & Gas sectors.
The home location of the successful candidate is flexible, providing they are prepared to travel to sites and offices across the south when required. The project portfolio stretches across the South of the UK, including M4 corridor, London, home counties and Anglia.
This is an exciting opportunity for an established projects leader with experience leading delivery of projects within a systems environment to join a successful team with a strong pipeline of work.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience leading on major projects or programmes within a multi-disciplinary systems environment (does not need to be rail).
- Understanding of Design & Build gained in either a contractor, systems integrator or project delivery firm. An understanding of delivering projects as a contractor to a construction client is essential.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate and develop colleagues.
- Experience of managing sub-contracts.
- A strong understanding of target cost contracts.