Our client is an established infrastructure asset owner which has a significant capital investment plan including several major projects. This is the perfect opportunity for a major projects professional to lead a key strategic portfolio of complex building projects, each of £100m+ value.
This role will be responsible for the design, procurement, construction, delivery, and handover of the programme and individual projects to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Lead the programme and project teams in the design, procurement, construction, delivery, and handover of the programme and individual projects to achieve defined cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a culture of world class health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Develop the programme/projects team; set standards, manage, motivate, coach and mentor staff within the team and wider department. Recognise talent and develop those with high potential.
- Manage and positively influence key stakeholders (both internal & external) associated with the programme and projects.
- Manage the governance of the programme and implement the organisation’s processes and best practice, including running the Monthly Programme Board.
- Educated to Degree/Post-Grad level or equivalent in programme management, architecture, engineering, or construction related field.
- Ideally a qualified project manager or chartered status with a recognised professional institution.
- Experience as a programme manager or senior project manager on large multi-year construction/infrastructure projects with an individual project value typically in excess of £75m.
- Experience as a programme manager managing multiple concurrent major building projects in different phases of the project life-cycle highly desirable.
- Experience in leading complex building/infrastructure programmes/projects in a live operational environment desirable.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to motivate, coach, facilitate and create opportunities for learning for others.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate and present complex ideas in a simple way, including to senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage complex, potentially conflicting stakeholder requirements.
- Sound commercial and financial awareness. Knowledge and understanding of NEC suite of contracts highly desirable.
- Able to frequently work on own initiative and seek opportunities line with level of responsibility and lead and manage others in this regard.
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-regarded construction client organisation in a HQ location south of London.