Our client is a well-respected transport management consultancy based in central London. They are a boutique consultancy with a focus on rail and aviation, and are looking to strengthen their aviation team. This role will report to the Aviation Sector Leader and will lead and deliver aviation consulting projects and manage key client relationships.
You will have previous experience of working in the aviation sector, either working for a consultancy or within industry. The successful candidate will need to be credible, with good presentation skills and the ability to write proposals. While previous experience of winning work in consulting is not necessary (as they already have a very significant pipeline of work), it would be advantageous.
You will enjoy the benefits of working for a smaller organisation;
- The team only choose interesting and challenging projects.
- Flexibility – being in control of what you do and how you do it, as there is significantly less bureaucracy than a large firm.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that grows the aviation practice into a major player. There is a clean sheet of paper as to which areas they develop in the future.
With this in mind, they are looking for someone who will challenge and experiment with new ideas, be proactive and take initiative, continuously looking at ways to improve.
The role will be based from their London office, and also working from home or client’s offices. The opportunity will require some flexibility to travel in the UK to meet clients, and potentially overseas.
- Lead the delivery of the aviation consultancy projects in policy & strategy, infrastructure & solutions and operational excellence, associated with airports, airlines and regulators
- Manage multiple consulting assignments concurrently and work effectively under pressure to meet client deadlines
- Take the initiative within a project, continuous improving and looking to find the best outcome at every step
- Stakeholder engagement; liaison with airports, airlines, aviation related agencies
- Manage relationships with clients; capitalising on and enhancing the firms existing client relationships
- Work with the team to generate new business
Key skills and experience:
- Previous experience and knowledge of the aviation industry, either with a consultancy or in industry
- Experience in either policy & strategy, infrastructure & solutions or operational excellence
- Project management skills
- Degree qualified
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm to learn
To apply or find out more information, please email your updated CV to [email protected]