Our client is a well-known and reputable civil engineering contractor. They are looking for an Operations Director to run a c£35m P&L in their rail division, who compliments their values of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and respect. They specialise in multidisciplinary rail civils works.
This role is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting directly into the Managing Director. You will lead and manage the operational function, delivering commercial success and driving continuous improvement and development. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial business to create a team and culture fit for strong future growth.
The company is debt-free, profitable and ahead of their 5 year growth plan. It is one of the fastest growing private civil engineering contractors in the UK.
This role can be based out of a variety of offices and so the location is flexible within the North West & Midlands.
- Oversee operational delivery to time, quality and cost, ensuring that all practices and regulatory standards are achieved.
- Champion HSQE best practice throughout the business.
- Leadership of c20 management staff, with overall responsibility for site teams.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the Divisional Business Strategy.
- Develop and maintain excellent key client relationships, maximising repeat business opportunities and tenders.
- Lead and develop the performance of the Operational Teams to meet existing and future needs of the business.
- Proven track record of delivering civil engineering projects in the Rail environment.
- A collaborative leader, used to managing significant team sizes.
- Relevant Construction/Engineering qualification.
- Experience of being P&L responsible.
- Experience of contributing to business development and developing client relationships in the Rail Sector (ideally Network Rail).
- Coach and mentor individuals to maximise potential of themselves and the team delivery.
- An attractive salary will be offered to attract a high-calibre candidate.
- Car allowance.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- BUPA private healthcare cover.
- Annual leave 28 days plus bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay.