Our client is a well-known and reputable civil engineering and building contractor. They are looking for an Operations Director to lead a significant construction portfolio of c£30m value. The business has a focus on commercial/manufacturing builds, civil engineering projects through council frameworks, and infrastructure works for house building contractors. There is a slight bias towards civils vs building.
This role is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting directly into the Managing Director. They are looking for an individual who can bring innovation to the business, and build respect and trust across all levels of staff. You will lead and manage the operational function, delivering commercial success and driving continuous improvement and development. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial business to create a team and culture fit for strong future growth.
The company is debt-free, profitable and ahead of their 5 year growth plan. It is one of the fastest growing private contractors in the UK.
This role will be based in Cumbria.
- Oversee operational delivery to time, quality and cost, ensuring that all practices and regulatory standards are achieved.
- Champion HSQE best practice throughout the business.
- Bring innovation ideas with regards to operational leadership; develop and imbed.
- Leadership of c15 management staff, with overall responsibility for c90.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the Divisional Business Strategy.
- Develop and maintain excellent key client relationships, maximising repeat business opportunities and tenders.
- Lead and develop the performance of the Operational Teams to meet existing and future needs of the business.
- Proven track record of delivering civil engineering and/or building projects (both ideal)
- A collaborative leader, used to managing significant team sizes.
- Relevant Construction/Engineering qualification.
- Experience of contributing to business development and developing client relationships.
- Coach and mentor individuals to maximise potential of themselves and the team delivery.
- An attractive salary will be offered to attract a high-calibre candidate.
- Car allowance.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- BUPA private healthcare cover.
- Annual leave 28 days plus bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay.