Our client wishes to recruit a new Managing Director for their Rail contracting business. The role will lead the business, focusing on improving the operational performance of this business unit.
This business unit is focused on the design and build of rail systems primarily as a Principal Contractor to Network Rail with an annual turnover of £70m+ and offices across the UK. There is a strong pipeline of work in CP6, including several major projects, frameworks and good client relationships.
Following an internal restructure, a permanent appointment is now required to lead the business through a transformation and improve operational performance. The successful candidate will take direct accountability for the business unit P&L, developing and implementing a strategic plan for both revenue and profit.
Key skills and experience required:
- Senior management experience within a rail contracting business, with extensive market knowledge and a strong existing external profile.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering complex transportation infrastructure projects, including experience of rail projects.
- Experience of delivering financial success through business management of a significant P&L.
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with a track record of building credible relationships at C-suite level.
- Inspirational leader with demonstrated competencies in building high performance
With full P&L responsibility, this is an opportunity to articulate a clear vision and strategy within the rail market in an established business with an excellent existing client base and pipeline of work.
To apply or find out more information, please email an updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3572 in the subject line.