Our client is a leading infrastructure contractor who are seeking to recruit a Managing Director to lead their Energy division in the UK. This division works with infrastructure asset owners and operators in the Electricity Transmission & Distribution, Gas Networks and Renewable Energy markets, to provide turnkey D&B solutions.
As Managing Director, you will have full P&L responsibility for a large division and will be active in the implementation of a long-term, strategic plan to grow the profitability of this division.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-calibre leader with a successful track record of leading profitable businesses in the energy, civil engineering or infrastructure contracting sectors.
- Take full responsibility of P&L and manage the business in line with the overhead budget.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to grow the unit’s profitability.
- Engage with and proactively manage client relationships to enhance the company’s reputation.
- Work with the senior leadership team to identify and secure new business opportunities, including identifying and positioning the business for growth in new market areas.
- Mentor and develop staff to progress into leadership roles.
- Relevant degree, HNC or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a senior business leadership role of a £100m+ contracting division.
- Track record of improving operational performance and P&L.
- Infrastructure sector experience, this could be from an allied sector.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen with experience leading multi-disciplinary projects and a track record of pre-construction, project procurement and project execution.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business planning and finance with proven experience of leading business performance improvement and turnaround.
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and manage colleagues and develop and sustain relationships with clients.