A highly respected tier 1 infrastructure consultancy is looking for an Associate Director to lead their programme controls offering in London and the South-East. This is a key position in the Programme and Project Management (PPM) business line.
This Associate Director will lead a London based team of c15, consisting of Project Controllers, Information Management, PMO Services and Risk Management. The successful candidate will take pride in the development of these teams, improving and integrating their use of a wide variety of programme controls tools, establishing best practice for digital and a common approach for programme controls and PMO services. The role will also assist (but not line manage) their Construction Planning team, to improve the planning and visualisation tools of this function.
Once the digital transformation has been established for the region, the role may then lead or support the rollout of the digital transformation across the UK.
The position offers scope for personal skills development, especially in relation to leading the direction of the program controls service offering, and working in partnership with experts of other disciplines within a stimulating and challenging project environment. This role is a unique chance to both improve the PPM function’s ability to assist internal design commissions, as well as external delivery partner work on some of the UK’s largest infrastructure programmes
Skills and Experience:
- Professional qualification in project management, such as the APM Registered Project Professional.
- An engineering or science discipline or possess suitable experience in lieu of qualification.
- Strong, proven capability in successful project, programme or portfolio management of complex schemes, especially during their development phase.
- Experience of successful delivery of complex and challenging projects from a professional programme & project management (client facing) perspective to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Proven track record in winning work for themselves and their team, and delivering a high value programme or portfolio management service to the client (or demonstrable transferrable skills and experience).
- Proven capability in creating business proposals to pitch to clients, by drawing together the relevant technical expertise from across a multi-disciplinary firm.
- Strong commercial awareness of a client’s business drivers and the business case for change programmes.
Newsom Consulting is exclusively retained on this assignment. To find out more or to apply please email your curriculum vitae to Paul Neave, at [email protected] or call; 020 3026 3873 for a confidential discussion.