Our client is a well-known civil engineering contractor. They are looking for a Senior Estimator to work across a major framework contract for one of the UK’s major rail clients.
As Senior Estimator, you will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all cost estimates are properly coordinated for review and submission, undertaking tenders of varying types and values. This role will involve working from the York office two days per week.
This company is one of the largest civil engineering contractors in the UK with an extensive history of delivering engineering and construction projects.
- Liaise with clients, consultants and stakeholders and prepare and organise supply chain enquiries.
- Present the estimate in conjunction with Bid Manager to Senior Managers and Directors at cost estimate review and settlements meetings.
- Prepare tender summary and investigate cost effective/alternative solutions.
- Prepare financial submission.
- Give direction to junior staff and co-ordinate with the pre-construction team.
- Degree qualiﬁed or HND/NVQ equivalent level.
- Estimating experience in civil engineering bids.
- Understanding of common forms of contract.
- Proficient in the use of estimating software.
- Ability to coach others.
- Excellent knowledge of the UK civil construction market.