Our client is a well-known and reputable Highways contractor. They are looking for a Director to lead their highways division, who can help grow and develop the Highways Sector as part of their strategic growth plan.
This role is a key member of our client’s senior leadership team, managing a significant division within the group. You will have full P&L ownership of their Highways division, directing the divisional leadership team to shape and deliver the Highways divisional business plan, drive operational improvement, and ensure exemplary health and safety performance across the Highways market.
The company has a large portfolio of £multi-million contracts and have ambitious plans to grow their Highways division by nearly two-fold across the next four years by winning further Local Authority contracts and growing their share of the Highways England market.
- Maintain and develop operational best practice across all contracts to continually improve business performance, supporting people, processes, and systems.
- Take a lead on client engagement with Highways England, managing successful bids to secure further HE areas, with the aim to bring the businesses’ share to the maximum four areas.
- Grow market share within the Local Authority highways market, developing a strategy to secure an additional framework per annum.
- Continuously develop the service offering within the Highways market, fully utilising their digital resources.
- Collaborate with all parts of the business on shared strategic business opportunities.
- Act as senior figurehead for the business with relevant Highways industry and professional bodies.
- Experience as a senior executive with a strong track record of operational leadership, managing significant P&L within maintenance and framework contracting businesses.
- Thorough understanding of the UK highways market and client drivers.
- Delivers results showing excellent commercial acumen across a large corporate business.
- Proven ability and commitment to lead, develop and inspire a large business unit.
- An effective collaborator who possesses excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Previous experience of leading successful bids.
- Ability to lead on client, divisional and market strategy for the business.