Our client is an independent consultancy with a strong focus in the transport sector. They are a well-regarded business and feature regularly in the Sunday Times Best Company to Work list.
They provide a wide range of strategic, operational, technical and policy advice to public and private transport organisations, as well as central and local government.
Our client is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial professional to develop and lead a new Decarbonisation service offering. They are already undertaking some work in this burgeoning area and have relevant internal capability to draw upon, this role will formalise their offering and grow a practice.
The Head of Transport Decarbonisation will be responsible for business development, project delivery, developing the service offering, networking internally, developing external partnerships and building the team. Our client advises across all transport modes, so the focus of this consulting offer will be on policy and strategy advice to asset owners, operators and public sector to reduce the carbon footprint of rail, roads and aviation travel.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Subject matter expert in decarbonisation, with 2+ years’ transport sector experience.
- Understanding of transport sector clients such as Network Rail, TfL, Highways England, CAA, ORR, Train Operating Companies etc.
- A solid track record of business development, or an enthusiasm to learn and utilise current contact base.
- Open to an individual coming from either a consultancy or client-side background.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification would be an advantage.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, interested in building business and a team.
- Flexible to visit clients nationally as required and as covid restrictions allow.