Our client is a highly regarded consulting and advisory firm. They are seeking a leader for one of their main UK Transport Consulting divisions.
In this business leadership and management role you will be responsible for leading and developing the division, ensuring it achieves the P&L budget and exceeds clients’ expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned leader in transport consultancy to join an employee-owned consulting firm with an excellent reputation for providing innovative thinking and it’s high-calibre staff.
The location of the role is flexible, with candidates preferably based in commuting distance of London, Leeds or Manchester.
- Carry out business leadership and management responsibilities.
- Build strong, positive relationships with employees and oversee resourcing, recruitment, performance management, employee well-being and career development.
- Develop a strategic business plan in conjunction with senior colleagues, ultimately contributing to a profitable divisional P&L.
- Promote high standards of performance throughout the division.
- Embody the companies values and culture whilst carrying out significant market-facing responsibilities.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Proven experience leading key projects and managing multi-disciplinary project teams in transport consulting and advisory.
- Expertise in one or more of the following; transport planning, transport advisory, business case development, sustainable transport, transport economics, transport modelling, public realm design, traffic engineering, transport policy, smart mobility and transport infrastructure/asset transactions advice.
- Developing and leading the skills and capabilities of large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Successful track record in operations, organisation, and staff management of teams of 30+ consultants.
- Knowledge of budgeting, business development and strategic planning.
- Significant knowledge of UK transport consulting markets and services.
- An influential and inclusive leader with the interpersonal skills to set a clear vision for the team and motivate, support and mentor staff.