Freightliner UK, have retained our services to recruit a Head of Terminal Engineering to join their busy team.
As Head of Terminal Engineering, you will be a key member of the Terminals Senior Management Team (‘SMT’) reporting into the Managing Director of Terminals, and will be responsible for leading and directing the engineering team (c35 FTES) on all key aspects of terminal engineering and crane maintenance and repair across their UK network of gantry cranes.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join Freightliner, the business is growing due to a significant increase in market demand for freight rail and the company are making significant investments in new infrastructure, with planned investments of £100m+ over the next 3 years.
Due to Freightliner’s private ownership structure, there is an entrepreneurial culture and a significant opportunity to make investments in new infrastructure and technology.
Key Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree or equivalent standard within either electrical or mechanical engineering and Chartered Engineer status is highly desirable.
- A proven track record of making sound engineering decisions.
- Successful team leadership experience, ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a team of engineers.
- Proven experience managing multi-million pound projects from conception to completion.
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong with the ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
- Experience working with high value, complex M&E assets.
- Experience with business cases and making optimal commercial decisions is desirable.
- Creates and leads an open and constructive culture.
Freightliner have sites all over the UK so business travel is expected as there is a requirement to travel to these sites as part of the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career in a growing business. A comprehensive benefit package is on offer for the chosen candidate, including a company car, private healthcare and excellent annual bonus.