Freightliner UK, have retained our services to recruit a Head of Professional Engineering for Traction & Rolling Stock.
The role is responsible for setting engineering policy, technical standards, safety standards and compliances across all of Freightliners’ UK fleets for both maintenance and repair.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join Freightliner, the business is growing due to a significant increase in market demand for freight rail and the company are making significant investments in new infrastructure and technologies such as fitting Remote Conditioning Monitoring systems to all of their fleets (185 locomotives and over 2,800 wagons) and investing in an innovative new wagon maintenance depot which is opening soon in Ipswich.
Due to Freightliner’s private ownership structure, there is an entrepreneurial culture and a significant opportunity to make investments in new infrastructure and technology.
Key Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree or equivalent standard and Chartered Engineer status highly desirable.
- A proven track record of making sound engineering decisions.
- Successful team leadership experience.
- 8 years’ + experience in rolling stock engineering
- Experience of health and safety management and the compliance management process
- Experience with business cases and making optimal commercial decisions is desirable.
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Creates and leads an open and constructive culture.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career in a growing business. A comprehensive benefit package is on offer for the chosen candidate, including a company car, private healthcare and excellent annual bonus.
To apply or find out more information, please email your updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3653 in the subject.