Our client, a tier one rail infrastructure contractor, have retained our services to recruit a Head of Commercial for a high-profile major rail contract.
As the Head of Commercial, you will be responsible for pre and post-contract commercial management of the project and will be a senior member of the management team. This will involve managing a team working closely with the client to develop the project through the early contractor involvement phase, negotiating the construction contract and managing the commercial team post-contract in a collaborative project environment. You will play a key part in the successful delivery of the project, acting as a number two to the Project Director.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to commercially deliver a major UK rail project and help further grow this successful contracting business within the UK rail market.
- Experience of cost management and reporting major projects of over £50m with a significant direct labour delivery model.
- Understanding of contract and commercial management principles, negotiation of contract term and risk and opportunity management including mitigation of risk in the construction contracting industry.
- Experience of leading a sizeable commercial function for a tier 1 contractor undertaking rail infrastructure projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of target cost contracts.
- Ability to develop and improve commercial management processes.
- Collaborative leadership style.