Our client is a leading construction and engineering company operating principally in the UK. The have retained our services to recruit the Group People Director role for the business, reporting to the CEO and part of the group’s executive leadership team.
This role will provide leadership for the People function across the company, operating at a strategic level, while taking complete ownership of all aspects operational HR.
You will be a business focused, HR generalist with experience operating at executive level in a large organisation with a diverse workforce including blue and white collar staff.
- Develop and implement a visionary People strategy that will support the business objectives of the group.
- Create clear departmental structures which service the needs of the business.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the People Business Partners and Heads of the specialist HR teams (Recruitment, L&OD, Employee Relations and Performance & Reward).
- Report on and advise the board on all people issues.
- Create and maintain a one team approach across the business.
- Ensure that the HR team and its activities are clearly visible away from the office locations, such as project sites and plant depots. Engaging with staff at all levels.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of leading a HR function at HR Director level within a construction business or similar environment such as engineering, manufacturing or service delivery.
- Business focused, HR generalist with experience operating in a large organisation with a diverse workforce including blue and white collar staff.
- Ability to devise and deliver successful HR strategies.
- Experience operating at board level as part of executive leadership team is desirable.
To apply or find out more information, please email an updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3538 in the subject line.