Our client is a rapidly growing major Builders Merchant’s group, well-known for having excellent staff engagement and an entrepreneurial culture. They are looking for a Group Human Resources Director to develop a strategic HR function that can support the company’s continued growth. This role is expected to be based at offices or out at branches for the majority of the week, with potential to work from home circa one day a week.
This company has grown organically and via acquisition and operates a highly devolved structure with it’s core divisions and a very small central overhead.
- Establishing development and succession planning strategies.
- Improve employee communications.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are fit for purpose.
- Develop the organisational structure as the business continues to grow rapidly.
- Develop employee attraction strategies, appealing to a wider and more diverse audience of potential employees than is typical within the merchanting sector.
- Further improve on employee engagement.
- Experienced HR leader who has responsibility for a significant division for a construction, industrial, engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience of developing a strategic HR strategy.
- Experience of engaging with a large blue-collar staff population in a significant multi-site operation is desirable.
- Commercial minded HR leader.
- Likely to be CIPD qualified.