Our client has retained our services to recruit a General Manager to run their successful and growing security business, enabling long-term growth into new markets.
The General Manager will report to the owners of this rapidly growing security contractor, which is currently focused on the construction and transport sectors. Their core services are Manguarding and Technology Solutions, they also have other growing service offerings. They have a strong pipeline of work and seek to grow the business by 50% over the next three years.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the leadership of the management team, overseeing Operations, Business Development, Bids, Finance, Accounts and Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will progress to a Company Director role and ultimately Managing Director.
Key Skills & Experience:
- P&L business management experience within a security business or soft FM contractor.
- Understanding and experience of managing the provision of security services.
- Commercial awareness, with a good grounding in contract management.
- Business development capability, able to build strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Financial awareness – able to manage the business with the right KPIs, oversee major bids, and have a good understanding of how to drive profit and revenue growth within a services business.
- Entrepreneur – this role will suit someone with a hands-on approach who enjoys shaping a business’s long-term development, getting out to see clients and spotting business growth opportunities.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity to join a thriving business with the potential to progress to a Managing Director role in the future.