Our client is looking to recruit an Energy Director position to lead their business across the sector. The Energy division encompasses design and building of new systems to the maintenance and enhancement of existing assets such as high-pressure gas installations, high-voltage overheard lines, substations and underground cables.
As Energy Director you will be responsible for a c£110m turnover and will have two Operations Directors directly reporting into you.
Our client has plans to grow the division substantially up to over £150m within the next 3 years, with significant scope to diversify and grow the business into new areas like hydrogen, energy storage, gas transmission and carbon capture.
- Contribute, as a member of the business unit’s senior management team and play a role in the decision- making process on a continual basis.
- Manage the P&L of the Energy division.
- Formulate and communicate the operations strategy for the Energy sector providing leadership to the team.
- Actively source and win new work by appropriate bid strategies in conjunction with the Pre-Contract Director and the pre-construction team.
- Manage all direct reports including talent and succession management to ensure optimum team performance.
- Develop new customer relationships through networking in order to maximise leads and opportunity in the sector and maintaining/developing existing customer relationships.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline. Civil engineering is desirable but not essential.
- A solid track record of delivering a portfolio of infrastructure projects to time, quality and budget is essential. This can be within any infrastructure sector, knowledge of the electricity transmissions sector is desirable but not essential.
- Experience within a regulated framework contracting environment.
- Significant experience gained in either a contractor or a client organisation, with a good track record of delivery and HSQE credentials. Contracting experience is desirable.
- Capability to manage and grow a P&L of £100m+ with strong leadership, business development and organisational development skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills: able to manage business priorities.
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious and rapidly growing sector within a major contractor.