Our client is a well-known civil engineering contractor. They are looking for a Contracts Manager to
to lead their Renewals portfolio consisting of 12 projects from London to the North East for one of the UK’s most notable rail clients.
The Contracts Manager will be pivotal in ensuring the company’s progress of the portfolio into construction phase, working closely with the Design Manager to set up delivery teams for success.
This company is one of the largest civil engineering contractors in the UK with an extensive history of delivering engineering and construction projects. The successful candidate would need to work in York for 2 days per week.
- Successfully run the Profit & Loss account of the company’s Renewals portfolio.
- Lead a team of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and Site Agents.
- Provide operational, strategic and contractual direction to project teams for delivery of the portfolio.
- Set a personal example across HS&E, championing the company’s values and conducting regular site visits.
- Ensuring delivery of Renewals portfolio to time, quality and budget across the whole project lifecycle.
- Building collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Maintain regular contact with client representatives, promote positive working relationships and a high level of commitment to requirements.
- Input and involvement into tendering with commercial teams as required.
- Track record of successfully delivering a portfolio of civil engineering projects and/or programmes.
- A collaborative leader who has managed a team of Project Managers.
- Educated to Degree/HND Engineering level.
- Experience of building long-lasting relationships with significant infrastructure clients.
- Ensure project teams have a timely delivery of realistic and robust cost forecasts and provide guidance on recovery plans where needed.
- Whilst experience of delivering Rail projects is desirable it is not essential.