A highly respected and growing independent rail contractor, seek to recruit a Commercial Manager to lead the company’s commercial function, managing all commercial aspects of the business’ operations.
They are a successful specialist rail contractor, operating as both a Principal Contractor to Network Rail and as a Tier 2, and have a good reputation for delivery and safety within the industry.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible to the Managing Director for all pre and post-contract commercial activities. Due the company size this will involve being hands-on in the detail of day to day QS activities. There would be support from the estimating team in pricing variations.
The successful candidate will be commercially astute and will further develop the commercial processes, whilst maintaining their non-adversarial approach to client relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced QS professional to grow within a niche rail contracting business, leading a commercial function and making it your own. As part of the senior management team, you will have constant exposure to the top level of the business and be in a key client client-facing role.
Experience/ Skills required:
- Degree qualification in a related construction or QS field.
- Proven experience within a commercial role in a contractor operating in the Rail industry.
- Good knowledge of the Network Rail project delivery environment and the associated commercial procedures.
- Sound grasp of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Be willing to improve current procedures and contribute to the future direction of the company as part of the senior management team.