The location for this role is very flexible and can be based in the North, Midlands or South of the UK.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest multi-disciplinary consultancies. They have recently restructured their leadership team in the rail sector to reflect the new devolved regional structure in Network Rail. Hence, they are looking to recruit several external Business Development/Account Directors for the Rail market to cover some of these regions, for; North West & Central, Eastern, Southern, and also for the Central Services portfolio (covering Network Services and other central Network Rail clients plus DfT).
You will have the opportunity to help grow the “regional” rail business in the UK with P&L accountability for our client’s portfolio of regional programmes of work. Clients will include Network Rail, rail contractors, train operating companies and devolved regional transport authorities.
The successful candidate will develop strategies for the market, build client relationships, and manage specific business development opportunities from origination through to bid and then contract award. Project Managers and Project Directors will manage the projects in the portfolio on a day to day basis and will be accountable to this role for successful delivery of projects in the region.
This role is a key part of our client’s success as a rail consultancy business. This job represents the chance to join a business which has adapted its structure to maximise opportunities for growth as rail devolution continues to gather pace.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Accountable for delivering £10m+ of revenue, securing sales each year, and identifying a pipeline with ambition to grow the revenue year-on-year.
- Build and strengthen client relationships, across all client groups in the region, establishing our client as the primary organisation rail clients in the region turn to in support of their business objectives.
- Develop clear value propositions for new and growing service lines to broaden out the service offering and diversify the services and stakeholders they sell to in the clients.
- Demonstrable experience of operating successfully within a matrixed environment.
- Proven track record of building effective networks and identifying/securing new opportunities through new value propositions and partnering with clients.
- Ensure the businesses’ strategic priorities, such as digital transformation and operational excellence, are embraced and implemented in the region.
To find out more about this opportunity please email your CV to [email protected] quoting 3579 in the subject and we can arrange a confidential discussion.