Our client, a major resourcing company within the infrastructure sector, have retained our services to recruit two Business Development and Account Development Directors who are well connected in the UK infrastructure sector to help deliver their growth strategy. Both roles will report to the Director & General Manager of the business.
There is flexibility in the remit to either be 100% business development focused with no line management responsibility, or to have business development responsibility and build and oversee a team of Consultants/Resourcers.
The location of the role is very flexible across the UK, our client has a network of offices across the Midlands, North, London and Scotland.
The business is well established in the rail sector, and you will be responsible for developing clients in other infrastructure sectors such as; Power, Highways, Water, Civil Engineering and others, to grow market share.
There is also a significant opportunity to develop business with sister companies within their group who are operating in infrastructure and construction.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-calibre senior business development professional to join a rapidly growing resourcing business.
Core Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive team to develop, implement and maintain client relationships continually identifying business opportunities.
- Oversee the commercial management of external clients’ accounts.
- Work with Directors in other parts of the group to develop products and services to meet client/customer needs.
- Develop and implement a programme of visits to clients for the purposes of understanding future work opportunities and gain feedback on strengths and weaknesses from their perspective.
- Attend industry conferences and events and feedback on areas of interest to the business.
- Oversee or directly manage Consultants and Resourcers as necessary.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of successfully winning new business within infrastructure sectors including; Highways, Power, Utilities, Nuclear and Civil Engineering.
- Experience of managing commercial accounts for a Resourcing business or other service provider.
- The ability to think strategically and develop a sector growth plan.
- Ability to negotiate commercial contracts with clients, with a good understanding of commercial risks and opportunities.
- Flexibility to work in a growing business which is continuing to develop rapidly, able to assist in establishing best practice processes and systems for client relationship management.
- Ability to travel nationally as and when required to meet clients.
To apply or find out more information please email an updated CV to [email protected] quoting 3603 in the subject.