Our client is a JV formed of highly reputable contractors to bid for two of the HS2 Phase 1 Rail Systems contracts. They are looking for a Bid Director who can lead the joint venture through the entire bid stage and take a lead on client engagement with HS2 for bids with a combined value of over £800m.
This role will report into the JV Board, you will be responsible for leading the bid team in creating a winning strategy and driving this though all stages of the bid process. After contract award this role could transition into either contract mobilisation and delivery, or to bid for other HS2 Rail Systems contracts on phase 2a and 2b.
You will form and lead the bid team, manage the relationship between the joint venture partners and lead the client engagement strategy by fortifying a strong, successful relationship with HS2.
This is an exciting opportunity to secure major contracts on the largest infrastructure project in the UK. The companies in partnership have strong synergies and credentials, having established impressive £multi-million portfolios in the UK and international rail sector.
- Lead the execution of winning bid strategies, co-ordinating all bid workstreams to ensure an optimal commercial and technical solution is developed.
- Build out and lead the bid team, liaising closely with the senior team and HR to identify all resources and skills required, working with the JV companies to ensure they are sufficiently available/recruited for when needed.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients’ representatives to ensure their requirements are fully understood and that bids are delivered to meet these standards.
- Build and sustain a collaborative culture across the JV and all parties it interacts with.
- Oversee and manage the bids to ensure they are in line with the overhead budget.
- Experience in leading delivery of major infrastructure projects for a contracting business.
- Successfully led bids for major UK infrastructure contracts.
- Experience of rail infrastructure contracts is not essential but is preferred.
- Proven success of developing strong client relationships at senior level and possessing a demonstrable commercial acumen.
- Experience dealing with and leading large, complex JV teams and ensuring a collaborative culture.
- A strong understanding of the NEC contract and target cost contracts.